Lubricants (ISSN 2075-4442) is an international, peer-reviewed open access journal. It publishes regular research papers, reviews, letters and communications covering all aspects of tribology, including the study and application of the principles of friction, lubrication and wear.
Our aim is to encourage scientists to publish experimental, theoretical and computational results that provide new insight and understanding into the scientific and technical basis for lubrication and related phenomenon. There is no restriction on the length of the papers.
Lubricants is dedicated to the field of Tribology and closely related disciplines. This includes the fundamentals of the following topics:
- Lubrication, comprising hydrostatics, hydrodynamics, elastohydrodynamics, mixed and boundary regimes of lubrication
- Friction, comprising viscous shear, Newtonian and non-Newtonian traction, boundary friction
- Wear, including adhesion, abrasion, tribo-corrosion, scuffing and scoring
- Cavitation and erosion
- Sub-surface stressing, fatigue spalling, pitting, micro-pitting
- Contact Mechanics: elasticity, elasto-plasticity, adhesion, viscoelasticity, poroelasticity, coatings and solid lubricants, layered bonded and unbonded solids
- Surface Science: topography, tribo-film formation, lubricant–surface combination, surface texturing, micro-hydrodynamics, micro-elastohydrodynamics
- Rheology: Newtonian, non-Newtonian fluids, dilatants, pseudo-plastics, thixotropy, shear thinning
- Physical chemistry of lubricants, boundary active species, adsorption, bonding
The detailed aims & scope, board member list, published papers, award information, etc., can be found at our homepage: http://www.mdpi.com/journal/lubricants/
- Open Access Unlimited and free access for readers
- No Copyright Constraints
- Thorough Peer-Review
- Coverage by Leading Indexing Services Scopus (Elsevier), Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI - Web of Science), INSPEC (IET), Polymer Library, CAS - Chemical Abstracts (ACS)
- Rapid Publication upon Acceptance Acceptance to publication is undertaken in 5.97 days (median values for papers published in the first six months of 2018)
- Submission to First Decision The average processing time from submission to first decision is 22 days in 2018
- No Space Constraints, No Extra Space or Color Charges
- Discounts on Article Processing Charges (APC) If you belong to an institute that participates with the MDPI Institutional Open Access Program
1. First-time users are required to register themselves before making submissions at http://susy.mdpi.com/.
2. Enter your account, click "Submit Manuscript" under Submissions Menu.
3. Fill in manuscript details from Steps 1 to 4: Journal: Lubricants
4. Clicked the "submit" button after you finished all the steps. An auto-generated email will send to your mail box to inform you that your submission is successful.
St. Alban-Anlage 66
+41 (0) 616-837 734
+41 (0) 613-028 918